We’ve made the commitment to be specialists rather than generalists, and as a result, we are very selective about the clients with whom we work. Unlike some advisors who are trying to build a big business and who attempt to be all things to all people, we prefer to be all things to some people. We know our capacity, and recognize that if we go beyond that level, it will dilute the service we provide. We can’t allow that to happen. While some advisors are fixated on making a sale, we are concerned that there be is a fit between us because we believe that is the foundation of a successful long-term working relationship. It is for that reason we have an ‘ideal’ client profile to which we stick.
Who We Serve
Our Ideal Client:
- Believes that trust and integrity form the basis of a strong working relationship
- Places value on strong proactive planning and actively participates in this process
- Believes that a conservative fee-based approach to investing would best meet their needs
- Has a minimum of $500,000 of investable assets
- Believes that the most effective planning occurs when they are able to trust one advisor to coordinate all their planning
- Our relationship with our clients starts with the development of a comprehensive financial plan to achieve their long-term financial goals. As part of this plan, we cover the investment, insurance, tax and estate planning aspects of each client’s situation.
- We strive to serve as our clients’ chief financial advisor. As part of this role, we coordinate the activities of existing professional advisers such as tax accountants and estate lawyers. If required, we also tap into our own network of professional advisors.
- Our investment philosophy is essentially conservative in nature. Operating within each client’s risk profile, an investment portfolio is structured which will achieve long-term growth without undue risk – as a result, the parties involved sleep soundly at night.
- Tax planning and minimization is a key component of the financial plan for most clients. As part of the overall plan, strategies such as income splitting, prudent use of leverage, and family trusts are evaluated.
- Each client’s account is monitored on an ongoing basis to take advantage of opportunities created by changing circumstances. In addition, each plan is reviewed annually and appropriate adjustments made.
- We make ourselves as accessible to clients as possible. We endeavour to return all telephone calls the same business day, either personally or by our assistants.
- We believe that our best client is one who is fully informed. As a result, we have a strong commitment to client communication through regular newsletters, seminars, and guest speakers.
Compass Private Wealth acts as a Fiduciary. This means we have a duty to act with care, honesty and good faith, always in the best interest of our clients. Our Investment decisions must always be independent and free of bias. As fiduciaries, we are held to the highest professional standards, level of education and experience in the investment industry.
Raymond James Ltd is our preferred custodian, providing safekeeping of assets, online access and audited account statements to our clients. The custodial firm reporting to you is independent of the firm managing your portfolio. Our Clients receive investment management and applicable Financial services combined with the security of one of North America’s most sound financial institutions.
Compass Private Wealth, its portfolio managers and employees are registered with and monitored by the Ontario Securities Commission.